Wednesday

He's got his priorities

Speaking of precocious. . .

#1 and #2's new post-childhood plan is to become co-founders of a company devoted to scientific endeavor. They have lots of interests in the biological and physical sciences. They are truly (and endearingly) fascinated with the vast frontier the world of science has to offer. What for some boys is a game of Cop and Robber or Cowboy and Indian, for these boys has become a game of the Scientist and the Unknown. I'm loving it! Especially when it goes something like this:

Him: (randomly in the car on the way to school) You know, I've been thinking about a science discovery.

Me: (half-listening to the boy and the American Idol predictions on the radio) Really?

Him: Yes, I think that there are a lot of things the same about an octopus and a spider.

Me: (turning down the radio, realizing that boy is much more captivating) Oh, that sounds very interesting. . .

Him: Yeah, I think that when I'm a scientist I will do some more studying about that. I think that maybe an octopus is really a big salt-water spider.

Me: Wow, that could be an amazing discovery!

Him: I know. I just need to capture an octopus--that shouldn't be too hard with a net. And I'll need to capture a spider, too. Not a deadly spider, though. . .I wouldn't want to risk my life for science.

No comments: