Sunday

Self-awareness

While I was washing dishes, #1 was telling me about a friend in his class who has a fascinating talent for saying "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (and, yes, I did just have to Google that word in order to spell it correctly) really, really, and I mean super-duper fast. Our marveling over this girl's amazing gift led us into an impromptu rendition of the song:

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Even though the sound of it is something quite atrosicous!If you say it loud enough, you'll always sound precocious. . .Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye. . .

#1: Um, Mom, what does "precocious" mean?

Me: I think it means that a child is acting older than he actually is.

#1: Like he is really mature?

Me: Well, sort of. I think in the song, it's more like using big words. . .

#1: Oh, I get it. People are usually really impressed with my vocabulary. Do you think I'm precocious?

stifling my laughter

Me: Definitely.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MOST Definately!!

These Boys' Mom said...

Is there really even a better word to describe him? ;-)