Wednesday

Momversations

In our family, like in most families, we have special words for stuff. One of these words is "Momversation". . .a conversation with your mom. We do this here quite often such that it needs a special name. Likewise, a "Dadventure" is an adventure you have with your dad. This is an oft occurrence as well. Here's an example of a special Momversation served up with a daily serving of humble pie!
It was one of those mornings. The baby was napping. The oldest at school. The middle snuggled next to me during one of those oh, so very rare just him and me kind of times.

As we sat together on the big chair, I read him a book. Occasionally, I would look over at him and ask a question about the book or comment on an illustration. After several of these little asides, I noticed that just as soon as I turned my head to talk to him, he would turn his little head and look out the window. I wondered. . .

One or two more of these odd interludes passed and I finally asked him, "Why are you doing that?" He turned his big blue eyes to me and answered, "Mommy, every time I smell that smell from your mouth, my angel dies."

Yes, my child just told me that my coffee laced morning breath could kill angels. Momversation over.

No comments: