Tuesday

Melt my heart

I've got the flu.  It's terrible, really.  I had originally planned on not getting the flu this year, what with getting the flu shot and all that hand washing I've been doing lately.  But, I changed my mind.  Apparently.

I'm still planning on not letting the boys get the flu, so I've been super vigilant about disinfecting my house--in between doses of ibuprofen, that is.  In fact, I've found the best time for maximal productivity while having the flu is about 2-3 hours after a dose of meds. . .long enough for the drugs to set in, when the mammoth chills and body aches are a little vague.  That gives me a good 45 minutes before the cycle of sick begins again until I get another dose at the Q6 hour.  This is how I'm rolling until I decide to not have the flu anymore.

In the meantime, I'm also not hugging or kissing anyone.  I know, I know, I'm kind of a martyr.  I mean with all those sweet faces and huggable love buckets around, how can I resist?  But I am resisting.  They'll thank me.  But, tonight I almost rescinded the no-hug rule. . .as #1 was heading up to bed, we did our flu air hugs and he said:

"I hope you get better soon, Mom.  I'd really like a real hug."

UGH!  I hate the flu.

No comments: