With their father being a physician, our children probably have heard more than their fair share of *anonymous* (thank you, HIPPA) stories about heartbreaking accidents, disastrous traumas, disturbing disease processes, and even the occasional deformity over the course of their young lives. We do our very best to emphasize the dignity of every human being, no matter the quality of their health or the degree of their physical challenges. Even so, it is only natural for a young boy's imagination to be influenced by the things he hears of his father's work day. . .right? I mean, certainly the children of firefighters are constantly saving each other from the perils of a burning building or drilling each other on stop, drop, and roll. Children of police officers surely do a good rendition of cops and robbers. As the child of a tax man, myself, I always enjoyed a good mock audit. Kidding.
So, I was making dinner last night. . .minding my own business when, from around the corner, I hear "Hey, let's pretend we were born without knees."
This is what I saw:
This is normal. Right?

No comments:
Post a Comment