Friday

Progress

So, we frequent the Chick fil A, okay? We go there often enough that my youngest child knew his way very well around a chicken nugget before he even had teeth! "Chick-da-lay" has long been a favorite of ours. There is hardly a day that we pass the "Chick-da-lay" without a request for some "Chick-da-lay." And between you and me, I rather prefer "Chick-da-lay" over the more official pronunciation. But, that's just me.

I realize that there comes a time in every boy's life. . .no matter how cute he is. No matter how sweet it is to a mother's ears. No matter how very happy it makes a mother to hear her baby's careful mispronunciations. There comes a time when he must learn the right way to say things. So, we've been working on "Chick-da-lay." We've been at it for some time now. And while this is not a major issue, by any means, I do try to make corrections when appropriate. I am happy to report, it seems to be working.

Him: (as we pass Chick-da-lay in the car) Mom, can we have some CHICK-FIL-A today?

Me: Sure, we can get some for lunch!

Him: Did you hear it Mom? Did you hear me say it?

Me: Yes! Good job.

Him: I said CHICK-FIL-A correctfully, huh?!!!


No comments: