Tuesday

Channeling Steve Martin

Upon arriving home after school drop-off this morning, #3 and I were delighted to find a package on our front porch. Upon realizing that this package was our new phone book, my delight diminished somewhat. . .#3's did not.

Him: Oh, Mommy, what is it?!!!

Me: It looks like the new phonebook.

Him: Oh!!! I love phonebooks!!!

Me: Really?

Him: Yes! Can I have it?

Me: Sure.

Him: Can I sit on the couch with it?

Me: Sure.


(he takes the phonebook to the couch and sits with it quietly for a good while as I clean the kitchen in the next room.)


Him: (from the next room) Uh, Mommy?

Me: Yes?

Him: I love phonebooks, but I am sad.

Me: Oh no, why?

Him: Because I can not read my phonebook.

1 comment:

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

My phone book was left in a puddle of melting snow -- tell #3 I can't read mine either.