Thursday

The Party Planning Committee

This morning #3 and I were getting ready for a mid-day baby shower for my sister (expecting her own #1 in a few short weeks!). #3 was very interested in what sort of party this would be. . .Would there be cake? Would there be presents? Who gets to open the presents? Where is the party? What friends will be there?

I was really trying to be as vague as possible as I found it sort of hard to gear up a 3 year old for a baby shower, at the Veteran's Hospital, graciously hosted by my brother-in-law's co-workers. But, he kept pressing for more details. . .

Him: So, is it a night party?

Me: No, we're going to leave in a few minutes. It'll still be daytime.

Him: Oh. Well, can we play Rock Band?

Me: No, probably not. It's an adult party and I don't think they have Rock Band.

Him: Oh. Are we going to eat dinner?

Me: No, it's a lunch party.

Him: Oh, okay. So, are we going to have conversations or are we going to do races?



I didn't have the heart to burst his one hope that this might actually turn out to be a worthwhile party for him, so I replied. . .


Me: Probably both.

No comments: