When the 2 big boys are away at school, #3 and I have been having a great time. During these longish stretches of "just us" time, I'm really enjoying having conversations with him, doing some schooling, and just general togetherness and attention. . .and I think he's liking it, too. Lately, one of his most favorite big boy activities is doing some "school work" on the computer (a preschool reading website). This morning, while I did some laundry, he asked if he could do some school work. I obliged and have since come to realize that there are other things that need some serious attention. . .
Him: Uh, Mommy?
Me: Yes?
Him: I did something wrong on my work. . .
Me: (looking over the pile of folded clothes to see some sort of "do you want to save this file?" pop-up screen) Hmmmm? Oh, yes, I can fix that. (walking over to the computer to figure it out)
Him: (poking his head around my shoulder as I figure out what the heck happened and how the heck to fix it whilst blocking his view for all of 4.5 seconds) Uh, Mommy, get out the way, I can't see it now!
Me: (clicking my last computer click) Son, I'm helping you, be patient. And, more importantly, you did not use any of your good manners.
Him: Oh, sorry. May you please move it now?
No comments:
Post a Comment