Friday

First Week and Fuzzy Math

With one week under his belt, #2 is soaring. He's even picking up some pretty sophisticated terminology (probably from his 3rd grade brother) to accompany his new found kindergarten confidence. Take our dinner time exchange, for example.

Him: Mom, I think I'm done.

Me: Are you finished with everything on your plate or are you full?

Him: Well, I didn't eat everything, but I'm approximately a quarter full.

Me: Oh, if you're only approximately a quarter full then you should still have plenty of room for more food in your tummy.

Him: No, a quarter full means I'm all filled.


Note to self: They do not cover fractions the first week of kindergarten.

2 comments:

Brooke G said...

Fran - I want you to know that I find these hilarious. And highly instructive. Thank you so much for sharing some of the family highlights!

These Boys' Mom said...

Thanks for reading, Brooke--glad my fortune in outrageous children is of some entertainment and educational value! ;-) We miss seeing you guys--I bet baby G is getting quite big these days--can't wait for that guy's debut!