Yesterday was our 10th Wedding Anniversary. When fascinating over his own marriage, my Dad often says that it seems like "just yesterday and forever ago" that he and my Mom wed. Ten years after my wedding, I'm thinking I'm starting to understand what that means. Here's what we've been up to since June 19, 1999.
Just a few weeks ago, our eldest happened upon a little kitchen flirting. I remember seeing my parents stealing a kiss or a hug in the kitchen when I was little. I remember feeling a little embarrassed to be privy to those moments and yet also so comforted and heart-warmed by the quick peak into my parents' affection. I'm betting all kids feel that way a bit. I think my response was typically a giggle and a flee. Our son's response was different. Spotting his parents hugging in the kitchen, he didn't flee. . .he wanted in. So, he pushed his little body between us and wrapped his arms around our waists for a tight sandwiched squeeze. He sighed an audible sigh of contentment and observed, "You two smell good together." I just hope that when we've been married 50 years, he can say the same thing!
Yesterday and forever. . .that's about right.
3 comments:
Congrats on your decade of marriage! I hope that you had a wonderful day with your hubby.
Congratulations! You were (and still are, of course) a beautiful bride. I hope y'all had a fabulous day to celebrate 10 years.
Hello! I just came across your blog and wanted to leave a quick comment. You have such a gorgeous family - congrats on 10 years of marriage.
Post a Comment