Tuesday

Little Miracles

Lately, there has been a lot of talk about birthin' babies around here. My sister is expecting her first baby and we've been excitedly gazing at bigger and bigger pieces of fruit to help us visualize our new little cousin's size in utero. And for the past couple of weeks, my husband has been working in the L&D department delivering babies. Thus, we've had some questions. . .

The obvious and most pervasive question being: "So, how are babies born? Exactly?"

Without breaking out the human physiology text books at the top of our book shelf, I've done my best to share information on a general need-to-know basis. After one particular Q & A session, I wrapped up the discussion with the conclusion: "I think babies being born is one of God's best miracles."

Satisfied (for now), my eldest looked over at his littlest brother and sighed, "Yeah, and sometimes they are naughty miracles, too!"

2 comments:

Kim said...

As of right now, Nicholas is convinced that the baby in my tummy is a result of me eating it...of course, the only way anything gets in your tummy to a 3 year old.

These Boys' Mom said...

I love it. . .Are you certain you want to correct Nicky's assumption about this? Oh, the things we must explain!!! I forget which sibling of mine it was, but one of them was positive that our mom "threw up" babies to get them out!