Wednesday

Shame-less

He's still not potty trained. . .(the less I say about that, the better), so we were wrapping up a diaper change when, before I could snap the snaps on his snap crotch, he jumped up and started dancing around with his pant legs dangling, open, skirt-like. He caught me at a good moment and I decided that instead of exercising my right as a parent to bark that he "immediately come back to me and let me snap your snaps," I would shame him into wanting me to snap him back up.

Me: Oh, wow. Look at what a beautiful dress you have on! You look so lovely. (thinking that this would immediately move him to beg for me to snap him up as it was clearly an assault on his manliness)

Him: (in his most manly voice) No, Mom. Dis dwess is a awesome dwess. And I so handswom.


Note to self: Shame doesn't work on this one.


No comments: