Friday

Reason # 948 Why Having Boys is Awesome

#1 absolutely despises going shopping. He's generally the most compliant and easy going kid, but he can't seem to go with the flow when it's about shopping. He has a particular disdain for the after-school shopping errands that I often must run.

Yesterday was one of those days.

Matt was home with the little two boys--napping. So, I had some precious time to do a bit of mall shopping with only one boy in tow. Unfortunately, for him, it was with the boy who hates shopping. Upon picking him up from school, I shared my plan for a quick trip to the mall and acknowledged his disappointment with a measure of sympathy and a promise for a pizza after the errand was complete if he didn't complain. He obliged. And then some!

(in the dressing room at Ann Taylor Loft, I was deciding between 2 sizes of the same shirt. . .)

Me: (emerging from my dressing room for the umpteenth time) Do you like this shirt?

Him: (surprisingly content to stand in the 3 way mirror and wait for his mother and lend her bits of commentary) Yeah, I like the colors. Isn't that the same as the last one?

Me: (thrilled to receive any input in this purchase decision and thoroughly impressed that he noticed that I had on the same garment) Yes, it is the same shirt. It's just a different size and I can't decide which I like better.

Him: Is that one the bigger one?

Me: Yes.

Him: I like that one better. . .It has a lot more growing room.

No comments: