As I sat this morning with both my 2 year old and 5 year old on my lap, watching the Inauguration, I marveled at the magic of the American transition of power. I am truly blessed to be American--wholly undeserving of these incredible freedoms I enjoy and enormously grateful for all the sacrifices which afford me the opportunity to sit in the peace and privilege of my home watching history unfold. President Obama wasn't my man in the race, but this is my country and he is now my president and I am proud to be an American. And I am prayerful that President Obama is a good president and that by grace he leads us according to God's holy purpose.
I particularly liked this line from President Obama's address, but someone else in my household exercised his freedom to disagree:
President Obama: "We will not apologize for our way of life, nor will we waver in its defense. . ."
#3: (responding in real time) Oh, that's not nice. Obama say he don't apologize! That not a nice word.
No comments:
Post a Comment