Sunday

Blessed are the peacemakers


Boys fight. It’s just part of what they do on a near hourly basis. If I have learned one thing as a mother of boys, it’s not to jump into these squabbles too soon. My type-A, knee jerk reaction tends to be: TAKE CONTROL, STOP THE FIGHTING. But, I have learned that waiting a bit and letting them work it out is usually the best way to handle many of these incidents. The boys, despite their proclivity for conflict, do a pretty amazing job of peacemaking.
This very afternoon, I was in an adjacent room and heard the rumblings of boys on the verge. I haven’t a clue what happened. . .and I probably never will.

Boy: I’m really sorry. . .

Other Boy: I know. I forgive you, just don’t do it again.

Boy: I won’t. Why are you crying?

Other Boy: I’m not, I just have tears.

Boy: Oh. I can wipe ‘em for you.

PEACE!!!

No comments: