Saturday

The Great Debate


During this political season, we have introduced the boys to the concept of debate. In fact, debates have become a favorite new dinner time activity. Around our dinner table over the last several weeks, we have hosted a series of important debates with topics like: Who's better, boys or girls? (one might be quite surprised to know that girls--or rather Moms--are better. . .or so #1 brilliantly debated) What is the best season of the year? What is the prettiest color? What part of the body works the hardest? Would you rather kiss a frog or a turtle? Etc.

With 5 people in our family, generally our debates include a moderator, 2 opponents, and 2 audience members. However, at a recent debate #2, perhaps our most savvy political analyst, made a slight change to that format:

Me: Okay, I'll moderate.

Daddy: I'll debate.

#1: I'll debate Dad.

#2: I'll be the grumpy cyclops.

I can think of no better analogy to the mainstream news media than that of the grumpy cyclops. #2 is a genius!

No comments: