Saturday

Good stuff. . .

I love Jennifer of Conversion Diary! She never ceases to read my mind. . .here is an expert from her blog today on talking to kids about prayer:

WHAT I SAY: "Let's pray to Jesus."

WHAT I FEEL LIKE SAYING: "Let's pray to Jesus. Now, you may have noticed that I just referred to someone named 'Jesus,' whom you have never seen. It might strike you as odd that we frequently refer to 'Jesus' and 'God' and the 'Holy Spirit' just like we refer to Grammy and Yaya and Granddad and other people who you can touch and have a conversation with. Well, you can have a relationship with the trinitarian God (who is one in the three persons of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, although that's another subject), but it's different in some ways than having a relationship with a human. Now, at this point you're probably wondering what proof I have to offer for God's existence since, again, you have never actually seen him. Let's look first at Aquinas' five proofs..."


It's just good to know that there are people walking around in this world equally tormented by the demon of intellectual pursuit! ;-)

No comments: