I hadn't really noticed before, but apparently I must not have been doing a lot of school-day, morning-time grocery shopping with all three boys lately, because this morning I noticed an unusual number of comments about my entourage. "Are they all yours?" "What a basket load!" "Handsome bunch of boys, you have!" "You boys bein' good to your momma?" Etc.
Then, there I was in the middle of the produce section scouting some celery, when she approached. Sweet Elderly Woman walked over to our basket to take a closer look at its contents. The boys peered out at her. She remarked, "You know, they grow up so very fast." "Yes, I've heard that rumor," I smile. "I had 3 boys, too," she adds, "but they're all grown now. . .no more little ones at my house anymore. . . ."
To which No. 2 (age 4) responds, "Of course not, just look at her, she's so old!"
Nice. But, then, she did say that she has boys. . .surely Sweet Elderly Woman understands! Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment