Commentary ensued. . .mostly explanatory narrative from the parents:
"No, those are not hobbits. . ."
"Scottish men wear skirts because. . . .I don't know if they wear underwear. . ."
"Those big pipes coming up from the ground are factories, not guns. . ."
"Nope, you may not jump on your bed like it is a trampoline. . ."
"I'm not sure how that guy called/texted her, if he's got her lost phone. . ."
"Yeah, it is weird that those teenagers kissed each other when they first met. . .probably not a good idea."
"I have no idea what those bowls are for?"
"There is no way that Kim Jong Il could have made 11 holes in one. . .even in his whole lifetime."
"Yes, they have to go through ALL the countries. . ."
Needless to say, this is a very abbreviated sampling of the various nuggets of solid fact (ex., "Kenneth Branagh is a famous British actor."), strongly founded speculation (ex., "I do not think that is the real Queen jumping out of that aircraft."), and occasional opinion (ex., "That big baby is creepy--as is glorifying socialized medicine.") that we were able to share with our children during our
"This is apparently the part where the old people sing."

No comments:
Post a Comment