Friday

Dear Jesus. . .Amen

Yesterday, I was in the kitchen when #3 started loitering around. I noticed a certain anxiety about his demeanor, so I inquired.

Me: Son, do you need something?

Him: (very quietly) Uh, yes.

Me: What is it?

Him: (still quietly) I need to whisper it.

Me: (leaning in for the secret) Okay?

Him: (in my ear) I need you to get down my baby box from the high shelf in the closet, so I can get out my special rosary from the little silver box, so I can say some prayers for Jesus to help me find my bullets.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Fran, I hope that one day when I have kids, they are as absolutely adorable as yours!

These Boys' Mom said...

Thank you, Meagan! I promise that the little souls God sends your way will be the most amazing, most precious, most heart-filling gifts you will ever know.