Wednesday

Spreading out


One of the many blessings I have appreciated since moving to our new home is our newfound room to spread out! I keep getting the question, "Do you even know what to do with all that space?" To which I answer, "Absolutely."


The boys know what to do, too.


They are enjoying having space to be loud, to run, to wrestle, to do all those things that were nearly impossible to do within 1100 square feet. I always knew that we made certain lifestyle choices based on the space we inhabited for the past 7 years. For instance, singing at the top of your lungs in the bathroom was almost unbearable in our old house--now it's a regular occurrence. Running around in circles in our old house meant running into walls--here, there's a defined race track for the running! And I've noticed, among other things, my boys talking to themselves much more. . .


Maybe it's that they are no longer on top of each other, and therefore there is not always another body around to hear the talking that was always there? I don't know. But I do know that several times a day I come upon a child happily lost in his own out loud conversation. This is new.


As I was walking through the kitchen yesterday, I jarred #3 from his jabbing:


#3: Oh, Mommy. . .I didn't see you.


Me: Just passing through. Gotta move the laundry.


#3: Well, I was just talking to my imagination. (a wee bit embarrassed)


Me: I know.


#3: Do you talk to your imagination?


Me: You bet I do. I think that's one of the best things for a person to do. It helps your brain grow.


#3: (smiling) Oh, yes, my brain is getting so big.



Thank you, God, for giving us room to grow our brains!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Interesting juxtaposition with the previous post... :) Glad you're enjoying your new space!