Monday

Pure Magic


#3 is a walking contradiction lately. We have some sweet friends who would tell tale of their 3 year old. If asked if she liked the (fill in the blank) they would marvel at her response "I do, but I don't." 3 year old brains are funny like that, I guess.

I don't know how his little brain is exactly formulating this stuff, but it keeps us smiling. . .except, those times (only 3 or 4 times a day, really) when I pour him a cup of apple juice, after asking him what he wanted to drink and instead of a "thank you" I get "achually I wanted milk." Otherwise, we're smiling. Pretty much.

Tonight in the tub.

Him: Ah, Dad, look it's the magic soap!

Dad: Really, what makes it magic?

Him: It's magic soap, 'cause it fwoats. . .and it's. . . (in hushed tones) magic!

Dad: (regarding the soap) Cool.

Him: (reconsidering) Too bad it isn't magic soap, huh? I don't care that it's not magic and it doesn't even disappear.

Dad: (head spinning) Okay.

Him: (reconsidering for a second time) Ah, Dad, I love my magic soap!

Compreno?

No comments: